About the image: A coin-cell battery operated Hybrid Stretchable ECG patch with liquid-metal interconnect by Dr. Yi Da Li
Welcome to Aaron Thean's Research Group at the National University of Singapore (NUS). Our research interests span co-design of novel electronic material, components, circuits, and form factor. We love to work on cool stuff at the interdisciplinary boundaries between electronics and other research fields. We welcome partnerships to Learn, Discover, & Invent together!
- We seek PhD candidates and Post-Doctoral Research Fellows. Please check out "Join Us".
- Our paper "A Near- & Short-Wave IR Tunable InGaAs Nanomembrane PhotoFET on Flexible Substrate for Lightweight and Wide-Angle Imaging Applications" to be presented at the IEEE VLSI Symp. Technology in Hawaii, USA in Jun 2018, by Dr. Yida Li. The work was performed in collaboration with imec, Belgium.
- Mr. Teo Chea Wei will be presenting his work "Electrical Characterization of FEOL Bridge Defects in Advanced Nanoscale Devices Using TCAD Simulations" at the IEEE International Symposium on the Physical and Failure Analysis of Integrated Circuits (IPFA) 16-19 July 2018 in Singapore. This work was performed in collaboration with Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) Singapore. Collaborator: Mr. Vinog Narang (AMD)
- Prof. Aaron Thean will present a tutorial on "FinFET & Post-FinFET Advanced Logic Device Reliability– A Review ," at IEEE International Symposium on the Physical and Failure Analysis of Integrated Circuits (IPFA) 16-19 July 2018 in Singapore.
- Our paper on wearable health-tech electronics has been published in Advanced Electronics Materials (https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/aelm.201800463). Paper: "A Stretchable-Hybrid Low-Power Monolithic ECG Patch with Microfluidic Liquid-Metal Interconnects and Stretchable Carbon-Black Nanocomposite Electrodes for Wearable Heart Monitoring," describes the our work to combine novel soft materials , hybrid flexible integration, and sensor interface design. This is in collaboration with Prof. Heng Chun Huat's group at NUS. Dr. Li Yi Da is the lead author - Congrats!
- Interested in Monolithic-3D Non-Volatile Memory Array development? We have just started a new research project on low-thermal budget transistor-memory integration for future Compute-in-Memory and Deep Learning hardware. We are seeking Interested researchers to join us for the project.
- We have been awarded new projects on Accelerated Material Development through Machine Learning. The multi-institute program in Singapore is led by Prof. Tonio Buonassisi. For more details, please check out: http://acceleratedmaterials.org. We are seeking talented Device and Materials modeling folks with interests in applying Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence algorithms to join the projects as research fellows. We are also seeking students interested in the project to contact us.
- Ms. Maheswari Sivan will be presenting her work on "Hole-Injection at WO3-WSe2 Interface Using a Plasma Oxidation Process for Hole Mobility Enhancement and SBH reduction in p- type 2-D WSe2 Nanosheet FET" at the the upcoming 9th IEEE Semiconductor Interface Specialists Conference (IEEE SISC 2018), in San Diego, California, USA.